Litigation Support Specialist - Columbia or Greenville
Nexsen Pruet, a large multi-office law firm headquartered in Columbia, SC, is seeking a Litigation Support Specialist for its Columbia or Greenville location. This position will work closely with attorneys, paralegals, and the document review team to ensure that all aspects of document production and document review database maintenance are completed in an organized and timely fashion and that we implement successful case strategy when dealing with electronically stored information (ESI).
The Litigation Support Specialist would be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work with attorneys, paralegals, vendors and clients to ensure proper collection of ESI from identified targets, including obtaining computer and server collection cost estimates, addressing technical issues, managing timelines, coordinating and tracking all electronic collection activities, maintaining chain of custody documentation, ensuring successful transfer of collected data to processing vendor.
- Work with attorneys, paralegals, vendors and clients to prepare processing instructions for collected data, submit same to processing vendor, and QC processed data to ensure compliance with specifications. This includes preparation of and implementation of search terms, date restrictions, deduplication protocols and other volume reduction strategies.
- Work with Director of E-Discovery to ensure smooth transition from collection and processing stages to document review and analysis stages, including conducting training sessions for document review team on various document review platforms.
- Assist attorneys, paralegals and clients with document production requests, including format conversion, branding, creation of Relativity, Concordance, and CaseMap databases, and coordination of bibliographic coding projects.
- Coordinate all activities with Technology department so as to ensure compliance with firm policy and best practice in the areas of software, hardware and computer procedures.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Very strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines;
- Three years of hands-on experience preparing high volume productions at either a large law firm or corporate law department;
- Strong proficiency in database software and MS Excel;
- Strong proficiency in online document review tools (Relativity, Ringtail, iCONECT)
- Ability to be flexible with working hours (i.e., working nights and weekends, when required);
- Strong proficiency in LexisNexis products: Law Pre-Discovery 5.0, Concordance, and CaseMap;
- Working knowledge of IPRO Suite (optional);
- Certification in any of the above (optional);
- Juris Doctorate (optional; licensed in any State).