Doing Business With China: Nexsen Pruet's Team Approach
At Nexsen Pruet, we understand that the U.S. legal and business culture is different from the Chinese legal and business culture. A successful project requires a bridge between these two environments. We made a strategic decision several years ago to become a bridge for Chinese businesses coming to the U.S., and have devoted time, energy, and funds to developing this experience. Our China-related activities have included the following:
- Representing Chinese company in acquisition of stock of U.S. company listed on NASDAQ
- Representation of Chinese product manufacturers in U.S. litigation
- Counseling Chinese product manufacturers on limiting their legal risk in the U.S.
- Establishing companies and businesses in the U.S. for operations by Chinese owners
- Conducting due-diligence for acquisitions in the U.S.
- Handling insurance claims for Chinese citizens in the U.S.
- Representing Chinese companies in arbitration
- Advising Chinese companies in debt collection from U.S. companies
- Advising Chinese businesses on U.S. customs issues
- Handling both individual and business-related immigration issues for Chinese clients
- Obtaining U.S. trademarks and patents for Chinese clients
- Advising Chinese companies regarding controlling legal costs in the U.S.
- Reviewing and negotiating U.S. business contracts for Chinese clients
Our highly experienced China team is very adept at working with Chinese companies.
Our China Team Leader, Val H. Stieglitz, has been recognized as a Best Lawyer in America, is a long-time member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, a former Board member of an international legal network called LAWorld, and has been a frequent presenter to the Yangtzejiang Legal Network, one of the largest legal networks in mainland China.
Nexsen Pruet has developed a collaboration relationship with Carmil Wang, Executive Director of China Resources LLC. Carmil is able to connect Chinese companies with the legal resources of Nexsen Pruet, and has the ability to communicate with clients in their native language. She has over a dozen years of professional consulting experience involving China businesses, and has working and living experience in all first-tier cities in China with three international management consulting firms headquartered in the United States.
In addition to handling a wide range of legal matters for Chinese clients, we travel frequently in China and participate in legal seminars and conferences. For example, our China Team members have been presenters at legal and U.S. investment conferences in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Jinan, Qingdao, Harbin, Chongqing, Chengdu, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Wuxi, Nantong, and Hong Kong.
Carmil Wang and Val Stieglitz are pictured here, at an investment forum co-hosted by Nexsen Pruet and other international strategic partners.
Val Stieglitz, presenting at The ZHH Legal Forum on Outbound Investment in Chongqing.
Stieglitz pictured with Rodrigo Jacobina, current Chairman of LAWorld, and Juliane Hogrefe.
David Robinson analyses the undercurrents of the current trade dispute between the United States and China, as well as accurately predicting the tariff escalation between the two superpowers. This interview was originally aired on Capital Tonight's April 5, 2018 episode.